HapPea Events – Event Styling, NZ Native Plants + Florals
We are New Zealand’s native plant and event stylists, based in rural Whakatane and servicing North Island wide. We are partners in business and in life and share the same love for all things wild. With an advanced Diploma in Event’s Design, a background in floristry and horticulture, and a constant desire to create and innovate, bringing nature to the event’s world is a fulfilling and joyful experience each and every single time.
We believe beautiful events and a beautiful planet should go hand in hand. We’re passionate about Aotearoa’s native flora and fauna and hope, through our work, to inspire people of all ages to reconnect with the land – to love it and protect it.
Claire and Rocky
Connecting you with nature
Here’s an insight on our environmentally sustainable practices.
- The use of living plants is by nature sustainable, as they can be reused over and over again.
- Our plant collection features exclusively plants native to Aotearoa, NZ.
- The plants are watered with rain water collected from our roof catchment in the hills of Manawahe, and pumped by solar power.
- They are fed naturally with organic home made fertilisers such as worm wee and chicken manure tea (the best!).
- All plants are potted into breathable eco-felt grow bags made of recycled plastic bottles.
- The pots used for hire are either made of natural material such as wood, carved ponga pots, natural jute or from recycled materials.
- When their party days are over, the plants are planted back in the ground for a relaxed retirement – helping us revegetate the land.
- All florals are NZ native and foraged locally in the Bay of Plenty.
- We use natural and compostable materials such as jute string in our floral work.
- Our florals are 100% floral foam fee.
- All cut foliage which can no longer be used is composted, putting it back in the ground.
- When sourcing styling elements, we chose reusable over new and work closely with event hire companies.
- We choose natural, recycled and second hand items over single use or non recyclable.
For every HapPea event, we gift one New Zealand native tree through Kiwi organisation Trees That Count.
After your event, you’ll receive a tree gift certificate and an update as to where your tree has been planted. Every tree counts, so whether you book with us once or a 100 times, it all makes a difference.